Thursday, November 19, 2009

My rear end thats in my truck.


I have an 8.8 inch trac-lok rear end. This is pretty much a positraction rear end. The 8.8 is the size of the ring gear. Trac Loc positraction for Ford 8.8" with 31 spline axles. The Trac Loc is a less aggressive, street-friendly limited slip suitable for daily driven vehicles and mild off-road use. This unit uses clutches and is Rebuildable. When you burn out, the first tire to spin is your drive tire which is usually your right rear in a pickup. When that tires starts spinning then your other tire engages to try to get traction. With this rear end it has clutch disks in it which ease the other tire into grabbing. This reduces the amount of wear and tear on your gears. It is nice for off road use because u have improved traction and it is built tougher than a limited slip set up. I enjoy this a lot more than my old rear end with standard limited slip set up.

3 comments:

  1. I know nothing about trucks (lol) but your blog is really interesting :) good job =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice... you got a steal on that.

    ReplyDelete